Pollard Funeral Home is proud to be a member in good standing of Selected Independent Funeral Homes, a self-regulating organization of privately owned funeral service firms. Membership in Selected Independent Funeral Homes is by invitation only and is offered exclusively to firms, which are dedicated to the highest ethical standards.
Since 1974, Pollard Funeral Home has been the only firm in the greater Lawrence area permitted to display the Selected Independent Funeral Homes symbol.
This means you can expect more from us:
- A wide range of services to fit every budget
- Detailed price information for every service we offer
- Respect for all faiths, creeds, customs and traditions
- A fully-qualified staff
- Our very best in personal service to the families of Methuen and the greater Lawrence area
The Code of Good Funeral Practice
As the local member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes, we have sworn to uphold the Selected Independent Funeral Homes Code Of Good Funeral Practice ? a pledge that has become the standard of integrity for the funeral service profession. The Code represents the qualities that set us apart from the rest, and you should not settle for anything less. As funeral directors, our calling imposes upon us special responsibilities to those we serve and to the public at large.
An important obligation is to inform the public so that everyone can make knowledgeable decisions about funerals and funeral directors. In acceptance of our responsibilities, and as a condition of our membership in Selected Independent Funeral Homes, we affirm the following standards of good funeral practice and hereby pledge:
- To provide the public with information about funerals, including prices, and about the functions, services and responsibilities of funeral directors.
- To afford a continuing opportunity to all persons to discuss or arrange funerals in advance.
- To make funerals available in as wide a range of price categories as necessary to meet the need of all segments of the community, and affirmatively to extend to everyone the right of inspecting and freely considering all of them.
- To quote conspicuously in writing the charges for every funeral offered and to identify clearly the prices for the services, facilities, equipment and merchandise included in such quotations.
- To furnish each family at the time funeral arrangements are made a written memorandum of charges and to make no additional charge without the approval of the purchaser.
- To make no representation, written or oral, which may be false or misleading, and to apply a standard of total honesty in all dealings.
- To respect all faiths, creeds and customs, and to give full effect to the role of the clergy.
- To maintain a qualified and competent staff, complete facilitate and suitable equipment required for comprehensive funeral service. To assure those we serve the right of personal choice and decision in making funeral arrangements.
- To be responsive to the needs of the poor serving them with their means.
- To comply fully with the requirements of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission Funeral Rule.
We pledge to conduct ourselves in every way and at all times in such a manner as to deserve the public trust, and to place copy of this Code of Good Funeral Practice in the possession of a representative of all parties with whom we arrange funerals.
Top / Home / Back